Saturday, April 24, 2010

How them elections comin along?

I wonder how the UK elections are unfolding? Gosh, it is sooo far away from my present reality that I forgot to give it much consideration these last three months.
Can't say I'm missing it much either! Everyone knows politicians are weasels (don't they?).

I guess we can look forward a labour backbench acting like butter wouldn't melt,.. opposing cameronian policies as pro rich anti poor, and hope we forget their recent track record of feeding corporate greed at the expense of all

Is gordon bennet brown still playing the elitist etonian card? Like the whole of whitehall isn't an elite anyway?
It would be interesting to find out how many whitehall windbags don't have an A1 education,... and to think they could have put all their talents to better use competing in 'who wants to be a millionair'! At least they wouldn't have done such harm.

I wish I could say politics in Malaysia are better, but alas it appears pretty much the same kind of punch & judy show, except with muslim puppets calling eachother infidels (occasionally), when they disagree strongly enough with a proposal or policy.
At least they occasionally have a good punchup, and they show arguments (I mean debates) on tv with splitscreen (cctv style) of all the delegates who wish to add their rant to the mix.
The security inside the parliament appears to be mainly to protect the delegates from eachother, but at least noone here is under the delusion that their politicians are deep thinkers inspired by high moral values or motivated by a pure sincerity and love for the people.

Ohh well, what else can I say? (I think I insulted enough people for one blog). I'd be interested in any feedback on this matter from anyone who has an opinion

No comments: